"Preserving the history of the parish of Sleat on the Isle of Skye"
Teangue An Teangaidh (the tongue or narrow strip of land)
Originally 10 crofts. Croft No 5 was let to the miller at Knock until c 1835. It was then taken over by the tenant of Knock Farm, John Elder. His son Colin Elder gave this land to the Free Church for a glebe and site for the church, now more usually known as Knock Church.
The first sub-post office here was established in 1898. Until its eventual closure a few years ago, the site of the actual office moved round the district, being latterly in Sasaig and then finally in Ferindonald – although still always called Teangue Post Office.
Knock and Teangue