"Preserving the history of the parish of Sleat on the Isle of Skye"
Knock An Cnoc (the hill) Cnoc Uaine (green hill)
The site of Caistel Camus, one of the medieval castles in Sleat.
The house is marked on a map dated 1763. The sister of the 6th Lord Macdonald lived here for a while. During that time she painted severl murals in the house.
There was a mill here until the mid 19th century. The ruins are still evident below the steadings.
In the early 19th century the minister of Sleat rented the farm, as he had no designated glebe or manse.
The tenants of Knock, Colonel Horace and Mrs Kythie Kemble built Toravaig House here in 1933. It was inherited by their daughter Mrs Davidson. She sold it in 1954 to the Church of Scotland who ran it as an eventide home. In 1968 it was converted into a hotel. Apart from a short spell in the late 1990s as a backpackers’ hostel, it has remained a hotel ever since.