"Preserving the history of the parish of Sleat on the Isle of Skye"
Achnacloich Achadh na Cloiche (the field of the stone)
In the mid 18th century the area we now call Achnacloich was joined with the farm now known as Gillen. Together, they were known as Tarskavaigmore (source: Macdonald Estate Papers: 1733 rental and 1766 map of Sleat).
A USAF aeroplane crashed here in 1945, killing all on board. The scars can still be seen on the hillside.