"Preserving the history of the parish of Sleat on the Isle of Skye"
When the Royal Commission into the State of Crofting (usually known as the Napier Commission) sat at Isle Ornsay, a number of those called to give their testimony...Read more about Testimony to the Napier Commission 1883
The Gillies family - from Corriehanisdal
Murdoch Gillies, born circa 1760-65, was a ferryman, and when Corriehanisdal was cleared, he lived on the Ferryman’s Croft at 1...Read more about A Seafaring Family
At the shore below Mrs Bunty Macdonald’s house was a boatyard where Sine Macdonald’s grandfather built boats. Boats were also built at Port An Fhiona, nowadays called the...Read more about Boatyards and Boats
There was plenty fish. Tarskavaig was very good for cod. Every Spring three or four boats would go out to catch cod and lythe. They would catch maybe five or six...Read more about Fishing in Tarskavaig
In 1983, Donald MacDonald, 1 Teangue, (born 1915 in Tarskavaig), was interviewed as part of a Sleat History Project. He told of his experiences as a young man working on...Read more about On the Yachts